Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

What are my rights regarding car warranties? Massachusetts,

Customer Question

What are my rights regarding car warranties?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I bought a car and added an extended warranty which I cancelled the following day but the bill I just received shows an added $5,000 on the cost of the car.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 16 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

The $5,000 was for the extended warranty? Were you allowed to cancel it the follow day and did they remove the coverage?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I told the finance person to cancel it. (I have the email to prove it) but when I contacted Toyota Financial, they said it had not ben cancelled and that I needed to have filled out a form. The problem is, even if I cancel, my payment stays the same. It will only reduce the number of months I'm billed.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Guess I'll get info elsewhere.
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 15 days ago.

I am here to help

Once you fill out the required form and cancel it, the $5000 which was added to the overall payment, will be deducted. That will reduce the money payment, once the $5000 is removed from the financing, which will lower the monthly amount. The months shall remain the same, since that was the term of the loan/finance agreement but the payment will be lowered.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!