Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

This is about a large whole house remodeling project. I'm

Customer Question

This is about a large whole house remodeling project. I'm dissatisfied with the delays, the excuses, etc. Specifically the problem I need to address is this: the garage was not included in the contracted scope of work. Contractor was to give estimate and I would decide. No estimate received and one day the garage interior was demolished. Now contractor says if I want it restored I have to pay.....
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Other than complaining to the village inspectors (Schaumburg), no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: None of the promises, verbal or in writing have occurred as promised and Im to the point that involving counsel might finally get this project done once and for all, including the garage which was not consented to.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in myresponses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that the contractor just decided on his own to demolish the interior of the garage without any type of agreement on doing so from you?

.

Was the remodeling contract in writing with an estimated completion date?

.

If so, how far past that date is it?

.

What are the explanations being given for the delays?

.

.

thanks