Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased 3 double window shades with trim at Home Depot

Customer Question

I purchased 3 double window shades with trim at Home Depot many years ago. I was told at the time of purchase and have a copy of the Lifetime Limited Warranty. It state that if found to be defective workmanship/materials for as long as the original purchaser owns the blinds... One blind I took to Home Depot in 98 was sent back to them from Home Depot and they fixed the roller and returned it to H.D. for me to pick up. I recently went to H.D. and requested they do the same for the other 2 blinds that the rollers did not work....After at least 50 min of them on 2 phone lines trying to get through to the company..Vista Products and sending them a fax with the warranty info...
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: I was told tough...they don't have that size roller anymore and it has been over 10 requested the manager to call me which he never did...
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: all of the above...usually email first.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Home Depot personnel....
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the address as Sarasota, fl..
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 17 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Who is the warranty give by? Home Depot or the maker of the shades?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The company Vista Products, Inc. They told me the supervisor said the shades were over 10 yrs old and that they did not have that size roller any more. I asked for the manager to call me which he never did.
Now I have to buy 3 new shades if they don't fix them!

Thank you for the reply. In a situation like this, if the lifetime limited warranty is still applicable, then the manufacturer needs to comply and stand behind it. Their failure to do so would be a breach and you could sue them for damages suffered/cost of replacement. In a situation like this, if they do not have that size roller anymore, it is not your issue/concern, since you bought the shades in reliance on the warranty. They should offer you an alternative shade or some other type of compensation but if they do not and refuse, your remedy would be to sue them. Home Deposit would not be a party to this, since the warranty is not give by them.