Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

I have a 2014 ford focus and already had to take it to the

Customer Question

I have a 2014 ford focus and already had to take it to the dealership twice for the same problem, what is my right and how do I go about getting this taken care of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Under AZ lemon laws, if you have purchased a new vehicle that does not "conform to express warranties," the dealer from whom you purchased the automobile is responsible for repairs to make it do so. However, you must report the defects within the first 2 years or 24,000 miles that you have the car or before the end of the express warranty, whichever comes first.

Here are the laws.

Article 5 - Motor Vehicle Warranties

Notice:

A. It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if either:

1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers during the shorter of the express warranty term or the period of two years or twenty-four thousand miles following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer, whichever is earlier, but the nonconformity continues to exist.

2. The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty or more calendar days during the shorter of the express warranty term or the two year period or twenty-four thousand miles, whichever is earlier.

Since the law provides for the manufacturer having to pay your legal fees if you win, it is best to contact a local lemon law attorney to see if he/she is willing to take the case. If not, then you can sue for the out of pocket cost to have it repaired under a breach of warranty claim or under a claim for violating the AZ lemon law statute.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer