Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Im trying to get a Verizon Wireless Collection off my Credit

Customer Question

Im trying to get a Verizon Wireless Collection off my Credit Bureaus It just hit my credit
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: California. One week ago
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes The refused.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you owe any money to Verizon Wireless?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
506.83. They have sold it to Convergent Outsourcing. Verizon placed the collection account. If I pay Convergent, can I dispute and remove Verizon?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Or will Verizon just re-record this as paid in full?

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, valid delinquent debt cannot be removed from the credit report and generally, either a settlement can be negotiated with collection agency and if collection agency agreed, once settlement payment is made, then the credit report should be updated with paid for less than full amount or if the entire delinquent balance is paid, then the credit report would be updated, as paid in full, however, any prior delinquency will remain on the credit report for 7 years from the time the delinquency first occurred.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for that answer. I understand that part. I'm looking for a loophole to pay Convergent in full and dispute Verizon as incorrectly reporting. Guess I'm grasping at straws.

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, there is no loopholes, unless the collection agency or original creditor agrees to remove the reported delinquency, due to some error or other issue, but generally, if the debt is paid in full and the consumer disputes the report, it is less likely that the original creditor or collection agency would respond within 30 days required to verify the validity of the report, however, it is not a guarantee that they won't respond or won't re-report the account, even if it is disputed and removed.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.