Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Entered contract with roofing company on 9/4/2015 to install

Customer Question

Entered contract with roofing company on 9/4/2015 to install new roof and repair extensive water damage to interior rooms at a cost of $4,282.34 with a $2,000.00 deposit. Agreement with salesperson to be present when work take place to witness whatever damage to roof. Work did not begin when promised. Work was performed while not home. Demanded on several occasions to send someone out to explain what work was done and repair remaining leaks. Got three promises on three occasions, but no one was sent out. After about three weeks of waiting, I hired a new contractor to finish the job. Workers came to start repairs on inside, but I refused to let them begin because of remaining roof issues. I received a bill from them for $1646.62 which I refused to pay. Hiring the new contractor to re do their repairs and finish the inside work cost me $2000.00. When I requested the salesperson that I signed the contract with, I was told he no longer worked there. I suggested to them that we agree to call it even with a zero balance. They threatened and did put a lien on my property. I would like to take them to Small Claims Court, do I have a good case?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Just so I am clear here...

.

1. You agreed to pay them $4,282 for the roof and the interior work with $2K down, correct?

.

2. And they did the exterior work, but not the interior repairs?

.

3. After they never showed for the interior repairs, you hired it done at an additional cost of $2K, correct?

.

4. So you are in for the total job at $4K?

.

5. Did you contact the company and tell them that you were going to hire someone else to finish the job if they didn't come out and do it themselves?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the JustAnswer site if you can provide the information I requested...

.

.

thanks