Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

RECEIVING SOMETHING ON MY PHONE ABOUT FBI SAYING TROUBLE FOR

Customer Question

RECEIVING SOMETHING ON MY PHONE ABOUT FBI SAYING I'M IN TROUBLE FOR VIEWING PORNOGRAPHY ON MY PHONE. THEY LOCKED MY PHONE AND THEY SAY THERE IS A FINE. WHAT DO I DO?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I'M IN MISSOURI AND THIS JUST POPPED UP TODAY. I HAVE NO HELP SO FAR
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: OF MY PHONE?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: JUST ANY HELP IS GOOD. I'M SCARED
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

You have nothing to worry about here.. We see this a couple dozen times a week on the site.. You clicked on a link and downloaded a virus or spyware and now it is telling you that you have to pay $XXXX as a fine or they will come arrest you..

.

You just need to get a good antivirus and spyware program and run it on your phone and that will remove the virus.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's what I thought..ugh. however my phone is useless and I don't know how to get around it. I can't even shut it off. So it's not the real FBI?

No, the FBI would not tell someone that they were going to come get them. Or that they could just pay a fine to get out of criminal charges.

.

And the fact that we see this dozens of times a week and once the customer gets an antivirus and runs it, it fixes everything..

.

Google "FBI phone porn notice" and you will see the scam..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You are awesome. Advice greatly appreciated!! Thank you soooo much!!!! I'm thankful for the help. I was about to die!

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time. More of an inconvenience than any real trouble...

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am relieved! ��

Glad I could help..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided as that is the only way I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much