Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My rental car company found out after the allotted 30 days

My rental car company found out after the allotted 30 days the Insurance didn't want to cover the full time, thus charging me with the difference. The issue is they are charging me more than what I, as a private citizen, would pay for the same time. They are charging me what they would charge the insurance company, is this legal

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, it is not legal. If your insurance company refuses to pay for the whole 30 days, the remaining time must be billed at the price that you would have been billed if you had no insurance. Nevertheless, your insurance company should have let you know in advance that it was not going to cover the full 30 days and really should be held ultimately responsible for the bill if the rental company refuses to adjust the bill. You can file complaint against your insurance company with your State's insurance commissioner. Click here for the complaint process.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much! I was going to try to pay the bill, at the individual rate, with the rental car company, then press for my insurance company to cover that bill, thanks!

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly take a minute to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.