Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I ordered a Cal size mattress and Adjustable base with

Customer Question

I ordered a Cal King size mattress and Adjustable base with massage on the website. I submitted the order, received a receipt that says my order is processing and I would have delivery between Oct. 4 and 10th 2016. I was also told I would not be able to cancel the order once it was processing. I received a call approx. 5 hours later from the manager of the store who is selling and delivering the mattress and was told that Walmart made a mistake on the price of the item, it should be $1000 more. He offered me the same mattress and a lesser quality adjustable base for $300 more than I paid, else I could finance the original pkg at the correct price or they would cancel the order. This does not sound right to me.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 22 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 22 days ago.

Before I ask questions about your situation, I need to make sure that you understand how the website and rating system works.

Many times in consumer law situations the law is not in favor of the buyer. When that happens we have to give the person asking the question bad news. It's true, but sometimes it's not in their favor.

On this website the customer rates us experts at the end of the question and answer and every now and then a customer is unhappy about the law and gives a negative rating. Unfortunately, that negative rating is taken by the website to be a reflection on me, indicating that I wasn't polite, wasn't prompt, or provided a wrong answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, since I have no control over that.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you?

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?