Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.

I need help for an unethical Auto dealership whom provided

Customer Question

I need help for an unethical Auto dealership whom provided two different contracts of payments, and repossessed the vehicle after stating i could apply the 1st month(s) payment to the repairs of the brakes that incompletely was shot after three weeks. I received an estimate of over $1500.00 for repairs(Sun Devil Auto Repair). After I complained to the dealership(Mac's Auto Sales), Sam (sales, Ofc Mgr, Finance Mgr) stated, "I'll take care of it take it to his mechanic for repairs". His mechanic stated, "Sam does this sh.. all the time and he(sam) would not pay for the repairs). I called the dealership again he stated, I would apply the first months payment to the cost of repairs", after thought I decided to go with Sun Devil a reputable repair shop, three was later they repossessed the truck in-spite of the agreement. Im' pissed @ this unethical dealership. He demanded payment in full for the return of the truck or he would auction off the vehicle. He did not auction the vehicle and in fact the truck is for sale as of the end of three weeks ago.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 21 days ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have any written evidence of the agreement to apply a monthly payment to repairs?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

Without any written evidence it is going to be difficult to prove the claim because the a written agreement (your car loan) can only be modified by another written agreement.

First, file a consumer complaint with the AZ Attorney General. You can file it online at the following link:

If the AG gets enough complaints about them they could put them out of business by filing to revoke their business license. If the dealer does stuff like this to others then it is possible that other customers have filed complaints.

Expert:  Loren replied 21 days ago.

You may also have a complaint for consumer fraud for which you can sue under the AZ consumer fraud statutes. The good thing about that is, if you prevail, you can be eligible to recover punitive damages and your attorney fees, as well.

While an attorney is not required, it is strongly recommended in this type of litigation. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 21 days ago.

If you have further questions, please feel free to continue. Otherwise, if you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 18 days ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (it is the only way that I am credited by JA for answering your question) so that I may close the question).

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!