Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My "window" warranty states only valid to original buyer,

Customer Question

My "window" warranty states only valid to original buyer, however I have a warranty claim that is likely to have additional claims after I sell my home, are there any Legal positions that exclude this statement in my warranty, it doesn't make logical sense to me that they could "void" the warranty if home was sold.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

As warranty reads, it would not protect a buyer. For it to protect a future buyer, you need the seller to expressly amend the warranty to include your buyer, otherwise they wont cover. It is common practice to have such language as they seek to reduce extent of their liability especially since they never contracted with the second buyer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
they are not truly warranting the quality of there product, as the quality of their product is not affected just because I sell my home, this is where their logic falls apart with what I view as the intent of their warranty against product defects

they are warranting but only to their buyer, not to anyone else.

Obviously, one can still seek to pursue a case even without a warranty, including by lawsuit, BBB, attorney general, lawyer involvement etc as needed. Kindly rate me 5 stars for the answer.

thank you in advance.