John, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney experienced in consumer protection law.

I have not been paid my wages from employer.. I am owed

Customer Question

I have not been paid my wages from employer.. I am owed 9000.. What do I do?
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
We are looking forward to your advice.. We are hardworking Americans who pay their bills.. We are falling behind .. Thank you
Expert:  John replied 26 days ago.

Hi. In what state are you located? You appear to have requested a phone call? Would you like me to call you, rather than chat on the website?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am located in California. Chatting on website is just fine.. I appreciate your time
Expert:  John replied 26 days ago.

Sure. You really have two options. One is to file a wage claim with the state. (you can find out how to do this here: I think that's the best option because it's free to you, the state is pretty good at enforcing these things and prosecutes them if they find it is owing and the employer does not ultimately pay. The other is you personally sue them in court. For this amount, you couldn't sue in small claims - you'd have to follow all the formalities of district court, which is tough for a non-lawyer....and it costs you money and time to pursue.

Expert:  John replied 26 days ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers (even though the website already charged you, it does not credit me with the answer unless and until you indicate you are satisfied with the answer). Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 14 days ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.