RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as Texas lawyer representing consumers

I am purchasing an Ford Edge SUV. I am the primary. My

Customer Question

I am purchasing an Ford Edge SUV. I am the primary. My sister is the cosigner. She just came out bankrupsy which was dismissed. She has not received the final papers from the court. The dealership called wanting a copy. They said that if they didn't, they would pick up the SUV. Can they do that?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the SUV?
Customer: It is in Ohio. The SUV is a 2007.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Do you mean ob the bankruptsy or the SUV?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 30 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

They can pick up the vehicle if she fails to cooperate.The note likely has such a cooperation clause.It is imperative that she provide this to them.They may require a new cosigner here as well.Again your rights are contained in the note document as well as your duties.

Since she is a cosigner they can require her to provide this information.It would make you the only person on the note if she was discharged from the note . It is in your best interests to have your sister get this to the lender as soon as she can do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Please if you have more follow up just ask.It is not a problem and I want to make sure I answered all your questions here.Thanks again.