Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I bought a new car today in Tennessee. I want to return it

Customer Question

I bought a new car today in Tennessee. I want to return it and get my old car back The car is fine but I am having second thoughts about the payments and the 72 month loan. The sales manager says they don't have a return policy so I will just have to work out the payments. It there something I can do to make this happen?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a lawyer in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately, there is no buyer's remorse or rescission period under the law; instead, you're 100% committed the moment you sign the contract. The only exception would be if the contract calls for a cancellation period -- but that is highly unlikely.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Thus, the only way you could get out of your deal with the seller is if it voluntarily agrees to let you out of your obligation.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!