Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased a vehicle from crysler on 8/28 I was in a

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle from crysler on 8/28 I was in a accident on 9/4 my ins. Is paying to fix the car but I received a letter on the 9/7 saying the loan was not picked up and they or canceling the contract. They say I can't tell me if I can have my money back until car is fixed and returned then corporate will make a decision to whither or not I can have the money back is this correct. Or is there anything else I can do being as tho I'll be carless during this process.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I'm in california and no this is my first attempt to find out
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No this is all
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

This is a contract issue. In other words, the contract governs what happens in this situation. Accordingly, can you tell me what the contract states about cancellation under these circumstances? Also, what money are you talking about? A deposit?