insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing lawyer for 31 years
17027240

I have received a letter from Collect Pros requesting a

Customer Question

I have received a letter from Collect Pros requesting a payment of $99.01for a product called Encante Eye. I have never heard of a product asking for payment, and have never received anything that was not paid for without a credit card. How should I proceed? My e-mail is not working. Could you possibly contact me at(###) ###-####or respond right ,here?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Collect Pros *****101 Pacoma CA 91331
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No. I have no idea where they are located
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Have consumer affairs had other complaints about this company?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

This is a collection agency simply perpetrating a total fraudulent scam that violates both state and federal law. Respond to the sender by informing him that you do not owe this debt, that their communication violates Federal and state law, and demand they immediately cease and desist all further efforts to contact you and/or anyone else to collect this debt. Inform him any further contact will constitute a violation of state law and the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and that you will be reporting each and every violation to your state's attorney general's office and the Federal Trade Commission. Each violation carries at least a $1,000 fine at the Federal level. Also let him know that should he be stupid enough to file any negative credit report, you will be filing a defamation suit against him for both your actual and punitive damages. In my experience, the fines under the Federal Act, and the report to the attorney general's office, and the threat of the defamation should be an end to these collection efforts.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!