Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

In Mar 2014, I do signed a agreement with licensed

Customer Question

In Mar 2014, I do signed a agreement with licensed contractors, Zero Energy in California for home improvement with the installation (Solar Panel water heater, attic insulation and A/C), and finance via Greensky Financial company (partnership with licensed contractor located in state of George) with the total amount of $ 19,000Zero Energy, licensed contractor did poor workmanship (installation solar panel water heater without permit (violation of Los Angeles County building safety, attic insulation caused attic house has significant cracking, not never have A/C installation). but Greensky Finance company unauthorized paid licensed contractor in full amount of $ 19000 after the next few day. Since it is a unauthorized charge, I never paid them, but they still keep charge for interest until nowWhen checked Zero Energy this licensed contractor background, it is manager operated by a group of people. They do open a finance company (Greensky) in the state of George. After all their contractor license have been suspended or revoked in Arizona (Phoenix). They moved to West Covina. But due to numerous complaints, they changed ownership and moved to current address, Santa Fe Spring. In the past 2.5 years, they have been changed ownership at least 1 time. When go to the Yelp, type “Zero Energy Contracting Inc, ( you can found at least 10 victims do have similar situationThe financial agreement indicated that arbitration is mandatory for any financial dispute, but they postponed arbitration date from time to time. The intention they did this is because the chasing period to filing the CA court is 4 years. That means after 4 years, I am unable to file dispute case in any court, that means after 4 years. I need to pay the whole unauthorized amount with 4 years combined interestCurrently, they send me a letter by indicated if I did not paid them, they will report to Credit Bureau which will effect my credit score
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in? When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: do reported to ca licensed board, but they can only citied licensed contractor but not deal with finance company in Georgia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: there are more than 50 victims from yelp and better business bureau review by indicated they do have similar experience as I did
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  attyadvisor replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. I am an Arizona licensed Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you.