MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.

A solar company installed our solar system while their bond

Customer Question

A solar company installed our solar system while their bond was suspended. Are there consequences for this, as a consumer? Does it impact our warranty?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. The issue is that, without a bond, you will suffer if/when you ever have to make a claim especially if they don't have the money to cover the claim themselves.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They did the work on our home during the two days their bond was suspended. Their bond has now been reinstated. Are we at risk down the line if we file a claim because they were unbonded when they worked on our home?

Under those circumstances, no. As long as their bond is currently in full force and effect.