Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am renting a cottage on a property that has been sold. The

Customer Question

I am renting a cottage on a property that has been sold. The new owners want me to stay on. There is, however, a problem with the transfer taking place as the plans for the cottages are not acceptable. I had a bit of a run in with the current owner, and she now wants to give me notice under the pretense that they have to do alterations to the cottages. I think it is only the plans that have to be altered and that no structural changes need to be made. How can I find out, and what are my rights. I am a pensioner and do not want to move from here and also do not have the money for a move. The new owners again said that they would like to keep me as a tenant.
Marelie *** ****** ***@******.***
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your landlord.

Can you tell me what state this is in regards to?

is there a written lease or month to month?

who is the legal owner and when is that expected to change?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I live in South Africa. There are no States here. Why do you quote omounts in Rand when you clearly do not know South African law regarding tenants and landlords. That in itself is fraudulent - please refund me with immediate effect.

I am only a user of the site so I don't have access to our account - please contact customer support at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance.