Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I paid off my title loan 32 days ago and still waiting on

Customer Question

I paid off my title loan 32 days ago and still waiting on release of my title from title loan company, they do not return my calls and they hung up on me today because I questioned why wasn't my title released within two weeks after paying the loan off, I had a buyer for my vehicule last week but I lost the sale because I don't have the title yet, can I proceed legally against title company? Can I sue them for the lose of the sale of my vehicule ?
Thank you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What does the contract that you signed with the title loan company have to say about the timing of the return of your paper title following the payoff of the loan?

Doug