Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am a customer of the Wells Fargo Bank and have been for

Customer Question

I am a customer of the Wells Fargo Bank and have been for years. I received a check from a bankruptcy trustee for $44,000.00 which is monies I received from a TVM settlement and which the bankruptcy attorney took because I had filed a bankruptcy in 2003 and my bladder surgery was in 2002. He sent me the money Thursday, 9/15/16, and I deposited it in my account. $400 was available 9/15 and when I looked at my account the morning of 9/16, the rest of the funds were available. I paid over $27,000 in bills to creditors and others (paying off a number of loans) via electronic checks and debit card payments. Then on 9/17, I got a message that all of the money was on hold until September 26th and Wells Fargo is threatening to bounce everything! What can I do insofar as suing them because they had made the money available to me originally and I made these payments in good faith?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Can you rephrase your question? I'm not sure what you mean by "what can I do insofar as suing..." since that kind of answers itself.