How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wrote 2 checks to my roommate for my share of the rent,

Customer Question

I wrote 2 checks to my roommate for my share of the rent, each check was $625.00. Both checks bounced. He is asking for me to pay him again which I am willing to do and will do so with a Cashier's Check. My question is if I make retribution to him can he still file a police report and have me arrested? State is Florida
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

It is very rare for "bad check" cases to actually result in criminal prosecution.

However, the laws regarding this are described in very great detail (moreso than I could retype in this "Q&A" format) in this article here: