TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I have a 3 years leased car. this month is my second year.

Customer Question

i have a 3 years leased car. this month is my second year. they reposes the car yesterday
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: my license plate is from NJ, and I just currently move to raleigh NC i just have one month here in nc
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: it was happen yesterday. their finance office will be open on monday
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I leased a vehicle in Brooklyn NY from Acura in October 12th week 2014. The first contract I had signed has error on it where the financier wrongly charge my account. End of october, the dealer has called me to resign a new contract and admitted wrong doing. They fired the previous financier. Moving along, I contact acura to complained about the high monthly payment of $669. They indicated to me to go to the dealer to see if they can rewrite it for a third time, but the dealer said to come back in two years. I call accura again, they indicate to me to go to another dealer to see if they can by the car from me. The other dealear state the brooklyn dealer has riped me off already they were nothing they can do. I have been paying the car in automatic draft from my checking account. Everything was fine until I recently move to cary NC in August, 2016, I have been getting call left and right regarding the car. I ignore them since leased car has been paid. When I wake up this Saturday morngin Sept 17th. I do not see the car from the parking lot. I call 911 and they told me the car has been reposes and call accura finance.
Before I can call Acura finance, I would need an attorney to help me with this process since it is the first time I am experienced this matter.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The car that I have been lease have been reposes. IT has been two years since, I have the vehicle under contract. The question is what are options to protect myself as a consumer from this issues?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again.

Why was the vehicle repossessed? Did you fail to make payments? If so, are you prepared to make those payments now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
yesterday. I have been paying it automatically from my checking account. yes they were two bounch check. in addition, I just move from NJ to Raleigh NC last month. I would be able to make those payment within two weeks
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again.

You need to contact the finance company first thing tomorrow morning. You need to explain that you have the funds, or will have them within two weeks. The important issue here is that you communicate to the finance company before they schedule for your car to be sold at auction. You should also inquire about any additional fees, such as repossession fees. In other words, the finance company is not only going to want payments that you missed, it will also want reimbursement for the repossession fees.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I will do first on the morning, since the payment is way to high 676/month I only have on year left on the contract. Would I be able to negotiate out of the contract? I do not have a job now.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again.

While it is possible to negotiate out of the contract, I would consider it unlikely. The finance company would likely sell the car at auction that apply the proceeds two your loan balance, rather than negotiate to change the contract.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
would that affect my credit? would that prevent to lease another car from other company that are now offered $99/month lease for full size 5 passenger car? thank you
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again.

Yes, your credit will, unfortunately, be negatively affectedby this. It is quite possible you willnot qualify to lease another car with this repossession on your credit report.

I am sorry for those bad news.