Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

A car I bought from car lot was on accident insurance

Customer Question

A car I bought from car lot was on accident insurance totalled car and because insurance took so long paying car lot they are charging me extra fees and when I asked for explanations car lot has changed amount of payoff three times but demanding paid in ten days and amount of payoff on my receipt of my last payment is way different then what they say almost as if they are charging me for all payments and I Teresa for two years when I have only had car for 4 and half months
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was in a wreck. Insurance company totalled my vehicle. When I made my car payment last month my reciept showed it was 4012 to pay off my car. My insurance sent a check for 3757 to creditor for car. So the difference between those two is 255 which should be about that pays off my car loan. But creditor said no that I owed 463.41 to pay off my loan cause they added extra 230 in fees and interest to my loan. Can they do that?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The way creditor broke it done was that as of 6/12/2016 my payoff was 4250 had I made all payments on time. So what they said was the 4250 minus check from insurance of 3757 left balance of 493. Then cause I missed a payment and was late on payment the charged me 230 more making balance 723. Then they subtracted my august payment of 260 bringing balance to 463. But did not give me credit for 300 payment made on 6/25/2016. So with that credit subtracted from balance it should only be 163 to pay of my car. Is this correct?