Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

How do I deal with a bad tax auditor? She double booked my

Customer Question

How do I deal with a bad tax auditor?
She double booked my appointment with someone else's twice - the second time she took the other person over me because they were of the same race and to quote her "oh her case is easy just wait here in the lobby" so my audit got cut short. Then when I provided all the documentation she requested, she told me it wasn't organized and to fax and mail it in. So I organized everything in a very detailed manner and mailed in. She never looked at it but still some how completed the examination report and mailed it to me. Some items where not adjusted so I sent a letter to her manager stating that I do not agree with the report and requested a phone conference so someone can explain the report. I got no response. Weeks went by so I called in and the auditor she said she didn't have time to look at it and that I would have to come in the office. I don't have the PTO time off and I'm upset that she wasted 2 full days of my PTO time in what felt like was her giving me the run around and brushing me off. Another employee said that I have to come in and that he would sit in on the audit and go over it with me and set an appointment. At this point I just want them to explain the adjustments on the report via a phone call or phone conference. I don't want to have to sit in front of the auditors to do this because they twist things and try to poke holes in what I'm saying. I just want to be done with this case. I know I owe but I know the amount on the examination report is not correct, they left out business expenses that I provided proof for. I shouldn't be punished for my auditors incompetence. This is beyond stressful. What should I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legal options that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.