Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

A used-car dealer sold a car to my husband with dementia. I

Customer Question

A used-car dealer sold a car to my husband with dementia. I explained to him of my husbands condition when he delivered the car He remarked." It's too late, he signed the papers" I was not familiar with a law giving us time to recant. After a short time, I called the dealer who sold us the car to please buy it back. He did so and paid me half of what we paid. He then proceded to file for the unused portion of the service policy that we paid for and kept the money. I contacted him for five months asking for the $2thousnd dollars which he received and his reply was that it was not due us because the car had been purchased on credit. We are both over 80 years old and could use the money. What rights do we have?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has your husband been declared legally incompetent?

How long ago was the purchase?

Do you still owe for the service policy bought on credit?