Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My son put a down payment on a car on the 6th but could not

Customer Question

My son put a down payment on a car on the 6th but could not get the car until the 8th because they had to fix the AC. On the 13th the car broke down on the side of the ride he called the car lit and they said he had to bring it to them he couldn't find anyone that day so yesterday the 14th he found someone to pull the car to the deale it was gone. The dealer said that they repo it because it was abandoned. Doing all this they told him that a finance company had taken over his loan but wouldn't give him the name.
They will not give him the car back or the radio that he put in or his money. He had the car in his possession less than a week.
What can we do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

He is entitled to cancel the agreement and get his money back. If they wont agree, some things to consider.

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck.Kindly rate me five stars. Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.

If I can clarify anything, let me know