Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I purchased a "new" 2016 Hyundai with a odometer statement

Customer Question

I purchased a "new" 2016 Hyundai with a odometer statement of 489 miles on 8/31/2016. I just realized that in fact the car has 5009 miles. I have not yet even used one tank of gas. what recourse do I have?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What do you mean that you "just realized?" Do you mean that the odometer itself stated 5009 miles? But the paperwork stated 489? Or, something else? And did the seller mislead you into believing it was 489? Did you not check the odometer yourself before purchase?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!