Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I leased a new Lincoln from Best Ford, Nashua, NH in Dec. My

Customer Question

I leased a new Lincoln from Best Ford, Nashua, NH in Dec. My son works for Ford Motor Co. in Concord, therefore I was intitled to the D=Plan.(Employee discount for Ford employees) At the time of the lease Best Ford wanted a copy of my son's pay stub and his birth certificate. My son refused to give this information to Best Ford. He checked with Ford Motor Co. and asked what was necessary to get the D plan and was told all the dealer needed was a pin # which was given to Best Ford. Now Best Ford is threating to take me to Civil Court or pay $2138.65 or produce these documents. They wrote me a letter, dated Sept. 7, 2016, giving me 10 from this date to comply. best Ford sent the letter to UPS on Sept. 9, 2016 and I was delivered the letter on Monday, Sept. 12, 2016.
I have spoken to Jane Constant (Nashua Police Dept.) She read the letter from Best Ford .Jane said that this letter was threading and illegal. This is the third car I have leased through Best Ford. I have also leased cars over the last 20 or so years from Ford and have never run into this problem. I want to know if it is proper for Best Ford to ask for these documents (privacy act) and what can I do so my son's privacy is protected and take care of Best Fords threat? I can be in your office tomorrow am it this will help.
Look forward to your response.
Thank you for your time. Hope you can help me.Diane Siteman
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if the dealership can require this information to provide the discount?