Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience

I don't know if you know already but there is a scam company

Customer Question

Hi there,I don't know if you know already but there is a scam company out there called "The Global Work & Travel Co." They took a Deposit from me of $695 that was NON-REFUNDABLE and hassled me into closing the deal with them. I feel completely tricked and violated. I set up a claim with my Bank, but they said they cannot do anything unless the Merchant made a mistake. Is there ANYTHING I can do to get my money back? Please help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! My name is***** give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, thank you.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

You may want to read this article.

They use this as a loop-hole: the fine print in the contract may mean that a guaranteed "job opportunity" just means an "interview" and not an actual job.

In any case, you may be able to sue them in small claims court for fraudulent inducement and/or report them to the CA AG's office here.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try that.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.