MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I've been having issues with my car. Still under warranty

Customer Question

I've been having issues with my car. Still under warranty (it's a lease), been at the dealership for repairs since August 19. The car has been in and out (now on it's third visit) for the same issue. It does not qualify for Lemon Law because it's over 24,000 miles and over 2 years old. I've contacted the maker and requested to be released from the lease, and was denied this morning. The story is long with many details, but I'm fed up and I just want to get out of this lease and get another car (from another maker) and move on with my life. I don't know what to do.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Honolulu, HI
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've been having issues with my car. Still under warranty (it's a lease), been at the dealership for repairs since August 19. The car has been in and out (now on it's third visit) for the same issue. It does not qualify for Lemon Law because it's over 24,000 miles and over 2 years old. I've contacted the maker and requested to be released from the lease, and was denied this morning. The story is long with many details, but I'm fed up and I just want to get out of this lease and get another car (from another maker) and move on with my life. I don't know what to do.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm happy to email you my daily log of events on this matter.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The only real option it seems you may have at this point is to sell the car, pay off the lease, and try to get into a new car. Unfortunately, at this point the manufacturer and the dealer have no obligation to assist you.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great... thanks

No worries. Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience. Thank you.