Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney

My wife and step son traded a2001 ford ranger xlt late last

Customer Question

My wife and step son traded a2001 ford ranger xlt late last night onToyota Prius the truck is titled in my name but with the sale of the car he is looking at a long term loan for a lower payment her works a low income job and we believe that this is just to much for him to handle and my wife had to co sign so it has not been 24 hrs and we wont to stop the sale however they have not taken my phone calls and will not answer my calls. I understand that AZ has a 3 day return policy is this correct and should be able to return the car. Donald Berry***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Was the Toyota Prius a new car or a used car?

The 3-day right to cancel purchases that you are referring to is only applicable under very specific circumstances, such as a telephone solicitation. You can also rescind an extension of credit; however, this only relates to the loan and not the actual purchase of the car.

The extension of credit agreement should have a "Notice of Cancellation" in it which states: "You may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within three days from the date the contract is signed. If you cancel, any payment made by you under this contract will be returned within fifteen days after receipt by the credit services organization of your cancellation notice. To cancel this contract, mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of this cancellation notice"

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. I am the one who signed all the paperwork. Unfortunately it was late in the evening and it was obvious to the sales person I was exhausted and I was not comfortable with the car being sold way over blue book and I asked many questions of the sales person, most of which he skirted around.Basically I was not in the frame of mind to go through with a large purchase on my son's behalf and they knew it. I didn't sleep all night because I knew that if I was buying the car for myself I would never have gone through with it . But like I said, I just wasn't in the right frame of mind and blew it for my son.Thanks again for your help.

You are welcome. I hope you are happy with my service. Please remember to provide positive feedback