Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

Ihave been frauded against me I bought two itunes 1 for 100

Customer Question

Ihave been frauded against me I bought two itunes 1 for 100 and 1 for 326.66 and the people I gave it to they frauded me what can I do to get back my money I do have there phone numbers.which is 1-***-***-****.they are doing fraud with your I tunes. I`am on scocial security and I need my money please can yous please help me
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

If so, tell me how you paid for these iTunes. Do you know who and where these people actually are?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I`am here
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid for it with a bank card
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they said they were from bank America and there phone num. is773(###) ###-####
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

If you paid for this with a bank card and you didn't get what you bargained for from the people you contracted with, the first thing you can do is to tell your bank that you were cheated and ask whether they can do a chargeback.

If they can't, then you can take these people to small claims court for the return of your money. Or, if you feel they have deliberately defrauded you, you can report them to the police and ask that they be prosecuted.

Bank of America doesn't sell iTunes. So you may simply have been scammed outright. In that case all you can do is to report them to the police and to the FBI at IC3.gov, which is their internet crime complaint center.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I been to the police and I will go to my bank,is there any way that you can stop this iTunes number.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I bought these at Walmart and cvs
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

No, unfortunately. All you can do is block the number and report it to the police, the FBI at IC3.com, and the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do I block the num.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

It is different for every phone/phone service. You would have to call your phone carrier to learn how to do that.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.