Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I just purchased a 2006 BMW 750LI - and a week later - I am

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2006 BMW 750LI - and a week later - I am getting the following error messages on the panel:
1. No oil pressure please turn car off to avoid serious damage and contact BMW
2. Break Lining needs to be replace
3. Oil pressure sensor takes 3 minutes to register oil
4. Rear passenger door will not open bad connectors
5. Break fluid needs to be replace by BMW
Now I was told by the dealer that the car was inspected and that everything ran good no documentation was provided on the drive train or engine. I have so far replaced the spark plugs, oil and oil pressure sensor because they were wrong ones or damage to a point where i have spend $450.00. I have contacted the dealer and sent the pictures of the warning lights and they have asked me to have the car towed to them today 9/9/2016 which i have but i am not sure what the outcome of this will be if they will repair it or refund me my deposit. I really like the car and would hope that it can be repaired but if not then a refund would be in place. I want to know what are my rights at this point.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did you purchase the the car as-is or with a warranty?

Did the dealer present any representations in writing?

Did you have your own mechanic inspect the car before the purchase?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The care was purchased as is with verbal information provided by the dealer that the car was in good and tested condition
The dealer did not present any representations in writingUnable to take to my mechanic to inspect unless you purchase they said the car was inspected there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I understand that there are lemon laws for new cars and some protection for used car buyers but to be allowed to sell a car that the engine does not work and indicates low warning (turn car off) oil pressure is crazy. I am clear the the As-Is should cover the dealer for minor things but 10,000 for a car that has no engine working :
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
review
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Yes, Nevada has a used car lemon law.

Was this car sold with more than 75000 miles?

Did you receive the disclosure? Do you believe the dealer knew of defects? Can you prove they knew?