Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

I have a LG refrigerator and last year at this time it broke

Customer Question

I have a LG refrigerator and last year at this time it broke and was repaired. This year the refrigerator is broken with the same problem and LG refuses to pay for it or replace it. What recourse do I have?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Yes, LG says its out of warranty
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I bought the refrigerator 7/21/2014.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can call(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Your only recourse is to file a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and breach of warranty, although the warranty is obviously going to be an issue. Your problem here is that you really need an attorney but it is going to be hard to justify the expense for this case. They (LG) will have an attorney representing them and so you are at a disadvantage starting out if you don't have an attorney.

However, you can recover your attorney's fees as well as your other damages, but most attorneys are going to require that you pay them up front.

You can also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at or your state's Attorney General but they're not likely to do much and they won't try and recover any money for you.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.