Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I bought a lemon. about a month ago (Monday, July 25th) I

Customer Question

I bought a lemon.
about a month ago (Monday, July 25th) I bought a used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and since that day I have had nothing but trouble. I have brought it into their shop for repairs on five different occasions now and it is still no fixed the way they promised it would be. I have documented everything that has occurred and made a timeline of this dates that these incidents have happened. I have brought it to the attention of the BBB and they are trying to help resolve something but they do not have legal power to enforce anything on the business. The business I got the car from is terrible, they have awful customer service and have not made me feel any better about my first car buying experience. When I bought the car I signed the papers saying "AS IS" but I no longer want anything to do with this terrible car or the business it came from. I do not know how to get out of my contract with them or the loan company that the car is financed though. The first car payment was pulled this morning (Friday, September 9th). I need help and any advice on how to get out of this bad situation! Like I said, I have a completely documented list of everything that has happened, I have pictures of the car itself and what happened to it and I also have records of text messages, calls and voicemails between myself and the company. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thank you, -Aspen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

What was the purchase price?

Did the dealer misrepresent any material facts about the car in writing?

Did you receive a warranty on the repairs?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Also, did you have your own mechanic inspect the car before you bought it?