Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My son purchase a vehicle from a private owner, and on the

Customer Question

my son purchase a vehicle from a private owner, and on the way home it started acking up so he called the seller and he told him to bring it back so he can see if he can repair it . The car has not been registered. We took the car back within three days and he has not looked at the car yet. Tried to call him but no answer.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You have a case for breach of contract, and if needed can pursue a case.

I will go over some things to keep in mind as far as preparation and options, as well as lawyer resources if it goes that far.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.