Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I signed a car lease a few days ago on Sep 2, in Californa.

Customer Question

I signed a car lease a few days ago on Sep 2, in Californa. I have not taken delivery yet. Now I realize I am not happy with the lease terms. Is the contract binding?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Los Angeles Californa
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I contacted the sales person of the dealership
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I plan to keep the car for 10 years or more, am I much better off buying it, even though we have our own company and the lease is a tax deduction?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, generally, a signed written auto lease would be legally binding on both the buyer and the dealer, regardless of whether delivery of the vehicle has taken place and as long as the dealer is able and willing to perform under the lease and to deliver the vehicle as agreed, the lease would be legally binding, however, in many cases the dealership might be willing to negotiate with the buyer, if the buyer wants to purchase the car instead of the leasing and the best way to start, is to talk to the dealership general manager, if the salesman or his manager is unable to further look into changing the lease agreement to sales agreement.

I wish you the best of luck!