Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Went to a local dealership to purchase a car. Traded in my

Customer Question

Went to a local dealership to purchase a car. Traded in my car for a new car. I was told the dealership would payoff the loan from the car I traded in. The financial income was based upon a current job; however I started another job a few days later making approximately six thousand dollars more annually. The bank financing the new car asked me to send the letter with the job offer from my new job. I e-mailed it and received a call stating that it was received. Today I received a call from the dealership stating I could bring in the payoff from the traded car or bring back the new car TODAY. When I called the bank that financed my old car I was told that they never received a payoff for the car and they have me a month and a half behind in my payments. Is there no recourse for me?!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.