Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have a food cosumer product that has been altered by the

Customer Question

I have a food cosumer product that has been altered by the copacking facility who packages it for me without my consent. Do I have a case against them for compromising my brand and product integrity?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they changed your product, then they have breached your contract with them and you can sue them for that breach of contract. In a breach of contract case you can sue only for the actual damages that you have sustained.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What would constitute going further than just breach of contract and sueing for maximum amount allowed?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your reply.

If they have changed your product it is a breach of contract, that is all it can be called. You had an agreement with them to package your product and not to change your product. Regardless of what you want to call it, what it is at law is breach of your contract and they are liable for all damages that breach caused you. If they will not correct the breach it is grounds to terminate the contract and they would also be liable for costs associated with you having to get another packaging company.