Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I signed an invoice for a/c service and also a maintenance

Customer Question

I signed an invoice for a/c service and also a maintenance agreement on 7/22/16. Service could not be completed pending research on 'sparts. Nothing was done on the maintenance that day; technician said they would do that work when other would be done. I paid the invoice including 1/2 of the annual maintenance agreement. In the two weeks following, I contacted the firm to find out what progress was being made and was told they were having trouble find info on the part (be advised that their website states that they install this brand and type or product). I asked for a refund of the maintenance agreement and was told they could not/would not refund. I left messages and I sent an email request via the company's for a refund and I did not receive any responses. I called this morning and was told they had the right to hold my money and perform the service; that I had to have cancelled the agreement within 3 days for it to be valid and refundable according to FL state law. If I do not schedule a maintenance appointment, I lose the $168. Is this true? What, if any, are my alternatives? Thank you. *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Company may not impose an unreasonable penalty in such manner and you definitely have options for pursuing a claim. I will go over options and preparation, which hopefully the threat of same alone with lead them to reconsider.

You can threaten and pursue a claim with the BBB, attorney general, and small claims court.

You can prepare by creating a timeline of events, and any corresponding documents that support what happened.

This wil expose them to much expenses and time, and often leads to settlement since not much involved here. Cheaper to settle.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance.