Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I just typed all of this before I was directed to pay!!!

Customer Question

I just typed all of this before I was directed to pay!!! Verizon is charging me for cancelling 5 lines early. I had them for 3 months and could not get service at my home. We had to go outside to use the phone. I ran my own business at the time. When on the road, CONSTANT dropped calls. I called them over and over and they kept promising it would get better. Empty promises. It never did. When I cancelled early, they came at me with a $1250.00 cancellation fee. I have called them over and over to deaf ears. It is now on my credit report and they will not remove it. This has been going ion for 2 years. I live in Minnesota.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against Verizon with your State's Public Service Commission; Federal Communications Commission; Federal Trade Commission and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. You cannot be charged for cancelling a service that you were not receiving. There is no reason to have the phone lines when you could not get service at your home, and dropped calls when you are outside your home.

Goodluck with your case,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.