How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6711
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent a package from Miami FL to Denver Co with UPS, at THE

Customer Question

I sent a package from Miami FL to ***** with UPS , at THE UPS STORE , I INSURED IT for 2000 ...I was sending my daughter a 2000 tennis bracelet....the package had to be returned to Miami, after 10 days... when I picked it up original box was opened!, they went thru the contents, changed the TRACKING LABEL , and re wrapped the smaller box inside a bigger box , UPS opened a claim , I notified the clerk at the store immediately that my package was tampered with and my item was either LOST or STOLEN....UPS said they will search in the lost and found.???.nothing , I sent within 12 hours 32 photos of the tampered boxes...they are giving me the run around ...I want to sue them.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Sue UPS in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.