How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 53816
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I ordered the office desk online. Received the package

Customer Question

I ordered the office desk online. Received the package without noticeable damage. Delivery driver did not let me to open box and told that I have 72 hrs to check the desk and to do the claim in case if something is wrong.When I opened the box the desk top was broken in the corner. I sent the e-mail to the buyer asking to exchange the damaged item, but they don't want to do it. They also don't want to refund my money back. ($1140). Their offer $75 refund. What can I do?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

You have a few options, which you can threaten, and then if needed, pursue. I will outline them and first give some comments on preparation of the facts.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

thanks in advance.