Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I ordered the office desk online. Received the package

Customer Question

I ordered the office desk online. Received the package without noticeable damage. Delivery driver did not let me to open box and told that I have 72 hrs to check the desk and to do the claim in case if something is wrong.When I opened the box the desk top was broken in the corner. I sent the e-mail to the buyer asking to exchange the damaged item, but they don't want to do it. They also don't want to refund my money back. ($1140). Their offer $75 refund. What can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You have a few options, which you can threaten, and then if needed, pursue. I will outline them and first give some comments on preparation of the facts.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

thanks in advance.