Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I need to find my records that I had with Consumer Law

Customer Question

I need to find my records that I had with Consumer Law Associates back in 2012, can you help? I have a lien on my property and cannot refinance, I've tried everything?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ga
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: Out of business
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid state law forbids us from representing you in any matter. If there is a lien in place and the company is out of business, you would need to file a petition to vacate lien in the local court and you would need to send copy of service to the secretary of state's office. Then if the company is out of business and does not appear in court when your hearing date is set the court will vacate the lien. This is not a fast process, it is going to take 60-90 days minimum.
You would need a local attorney to file to petition to vacate lien and it typically costs about $500-$1000 total
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Phone service is a premium service costing extra money. We still would not be allowed to represent you, so if you have any other questions we can answer please use REPLY.