Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Since recently moving into my new apartment building I have

Customer Question

Hello - Since recently moving into my new apartment building I have been having great difficulty receiving deliveries from UPS. This Apartment Building has a Call Box next to the entrance and UPS is supposed to call me from the Call Box and then I will know who is there and "buzz them in". Since I am HEARING IMPAIRED this is the only way that I know UPS has arrived with a delivery. However, UPS continues to not use the Call Box and I have spent many days waiting all day in my apartment for an expected UPS delivery and the Call Box phone never rings. I can't describe what it feels like to repeatedly receive Tracking Information stating "first Delivery was attempted but customer unavailable. Customer must pay re-delivery. I have spent hours on the phone with UPS begging for re-delivery and begging for them to use the Call Box but with success on only 2 occasions. The following is an excerpt from a communication of mine with the local Police Department's Internal Affairs because of other related situations that required police investigation: BEGIN EXCERPT:
... the Police Officer did not know that back on March 15 when my son and I met with her I clearly outlined to her: "I am a disabled veteran with physical disabilities that require me to receive numerous deliveries including groceries, water, household items, personal items, clothing, office supplies for my work and school supplies and books because I am a full-time "on-line" student. And I asked how could these deliveries be accomplished in this "Secure Apartment Building" without involving her or bothering her. She explained how I needed to get a Land-line that would be connected to the Call Box and then the delivery people would call me on the Call Box, etc So the Police Officer did not know that I had complied with her instructions, spending a lot of money every month to have this Call Box Phone and she has interfered with the entire process that she herself outlined resulting in the Delivery Personnel only having had the opportunity to use that Call Box on only 2 occasions through the past difficult months due to her interference. END EXCERPT One of the two referenced calls from UPS to my Call Box Phone I missed. Well, UPS should have treated that situation as if I was not home and left. This is when I will gladly pay the re-delivery fee because no one is authorized to receive my shipments. But instead, they allowed the Property Manager to once again get involved in my personal business.
She was outraged that I had not answered the phone. She forced the UPS driver to leave the package with her and there is a digital record of her signature. Later I received Tracking Information that the package had been delivered and looked outside my apartment door and there was no package. I went down to the lobby and there was no package there either. I did not receive the package until the next day in the afternoon when the Property Manger called me and she was yelling at me on the phone about how I had not answered the Call Box when UPS was there the day before and she said, "If this was not your medicine then I would have sent it back!" This was a jar of spices from a company called 'The Spice Lab".
Why did she think it was medicine? But my point is that it is none of her business, and who is she that she has been able on other occasions to force UPS to take shipments back and on other occasions to leave shipments with her? In the delivery instructions the Security Door Code is listed (just like the Security Gate Codes are listed for Gated Communities).
Let me show you in contrast how the local Post Master has helped me: the Mail Carrier calls me from the Call Box and when I answer brings the package to me (because of my physical disabilities - otherwise I would come down myself. If I do not answer the Call Box then the US Mail Carrier leaves a notice that delivery was attempted. The US Post Office does NOT interact with my Property Manager and keeps my personal business private. The Property Manager continues to give entrance to visitors and delivery people thereby thwarting the entire purpose of the Call Box. The only successful "Call Box" delivery that UPS accomplished was ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS 8:30 PM AND THE PROPERTY MANAGER WAS EITHER ASLEEP OR WATCHING TV On other occasions when the Property Manger was unavailable to open the door they did not call me! One time they left a package outside of the Apartment Building by the sidewalk and street. There are so many things I have been living without due to these delivery problems. If this can ever be resolved with UPS then they will realize that I average at least 3 deliveries per week and if they used the Call Box it is a very quick and easy delivery.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi,Thank you so much for contacting me.Just Answer would not let me edit my question and so I apologize that it is incoherent and incomplete.I am exhausted right now. Would you mind if I wait until tomorrow to refine and complete my question?Also, I am considering using the "Phone Call" option for this. Is there a convenient day or time that would be best for you to do a Phone Call?I am in the PST time zone and late afternoons and evenings are best for me.

Yes, you can come back on the site at your convenience.

There is no need to respond to this post at this time.

Have a wonderful day!