David Stewart
David Stewart, Lawyer
Experience:  Highly experienced Consumer Protection attorney
95745447

I want to file a small claim ($2000) against Toyota. They

Customer Question

I want to file a small claim ($2000) against Toyota. They refuse to pay for a repair that the dealership said was needed and that the part is being recalled, due to the fact the "the warning light was not on". I feel like they owe me for the repair, since the part was broken AND they have recalled it. How and where can I file a claim against Toyota Corporation in Texas?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  David Stewart replied 3 months ago.

Lisa - the process for filing a small claims matter in Texas is set by each county court. The process is very simple and most of the paperwork can be done online or by mail. I am including a link to one county in Texas, but if this is not yours you can Google small claims and your county in Texas. http://www.jp.hctx.net/suits/filingSC.html. It looks to me like you have a very good claim and my guess is as soon as you file and send it to them they will pay to settle. I hope this helps, David

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, I think that is helpful - I am just confused because some information seems to point that you have to file a claim in the county where the corporation is. I just want to make sure that I can file against Toyota headquarters in my own county.

Lisa - I am also going to offer you a phone call if you want to talk through the process start to finish. In response to your follow up you can file in your county. It needs to be in the county you reside, or if you wanted to you could file in the state where Toyota is located.

My offer message is messed up but this is intended to walk you through the entire small claims process

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think you answered my question with the part about it being either in the county where the plaintiff resides or the state where Toyota is located. That was my main question. Thanks

Great, it is my pleasure to help. Please let me know if there is anything else and good luck with your case. All the best, David