Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am a victim of fraud. The vehicle I purchased from a

Customer Question

I am a victim of fraud. The vehicle I purchased from a private seller/owner sold me a car that he knew could not get a "state inspection sticker because it was already rejected in
2/2016 and he removed the rejection sticker and I bought 6/2016 and it failed, it is a lemon & he lied and said he wasn't aware of this. I am in serious need of legal assistance
and I have all documentation to support this matter.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

There is a clear case here of breach of contract, misrepresentation and potential fraud. I will outline some options and how to best prepare.

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance.