Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

My question is,about the car the that I bought, with in 24hr

Customer Question

my question is,about the car the that I bought, with in 24hr I call the car dealer I'm gonna return the car cause is cost too much to another State,
the manager came to the phone and said, If I plan to bring car back, Hes gonna have the tow truck and call the police on me,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The sale of a car is final when it's made, and there unfortunately is no legal right to return the vehicle unless the contract provides for one. I've never seen one that says you can cancel if you change your mind, but you should read the contract just in case. Many dealerships will, as a customer courtesy, work with a customer who changes their mind to cancel sales and put the customer into a different, cheaper vehicle. However, this is up to the individual business, and places that do so make the choice because they rely on word of mouth referrals and repeat business. Read through your contract very carefully.

Since the car now legally belongs to you, if you were to leave it at the dealer's and refuse to remove it, they could have it towed to your house. The dealership is private property, so if the manager is telling you that you're not welcome there, it could be considered trespassing to enter. A person who is trespassing can be removed by police if necessary. The manager's behavior is completely unprofessional, and you're absolutely welcome to tell your friends how the dealership treated you before they go car shopping. But I'm afraid it's not illegal unless they threatened you with physical violence.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?