Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased a new T-Mobile cell for $600. 2 weeks later it

Customer Question

I purchased a new T-Mobile cell for $600. 2 weeks later it completely shut down with no fault of mine. T-Mobile would only offer me a refurbished used phone in exchange with my insurance warranty. they refused to allow me to return phone for a refund and repurchase a new phone. can they get away with this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You are entitled to a new replacement or full refund plus some credit for the inconvenience.

I will send you some options and information for pursuing this!

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance.